Extended Validation SSL Certificates
EV SSL validates a business' identity, secures data and boost sales
Activate the green address bar to showcase your verified identity and prove trustworthiness. Differentiate yourself from basic security and get visitors to instantly trust you upon arrival. EV SSL provides peace of mind, maximum assurance for your customers and top-notch data security-it's even proven to boost conversions.
What is an EV SSL Certificate?
Extended Validation is the best SSL security and website assurance investment you can make. It's the validation type that provides the maximum level of assurance and consumer confidence that you can obtain from an SSL certificate. Not only do you get powerful encryption, data security and the ability to protect your users' privacy-this SSL certificate also provides user irrefutable proof of identity through business authentication. It's a premium solution for companies that put the safety & security of their customers at the forefront of their business.
EV SSL certificates offer several important benefits:
People have grown overly cautious on the internet as a result of hackers and cybercrime. That's why being able to establish and showcase your identity, and build trust with consumers, is more critical than ever. Even more so than with the recent flood of low-end free DV SSL certificates in the market now.
Extended Validation requires a company to prove its legally registered entity status, and in return it activates a green address bar that then showcases your company or organization's name & verified location prominently next to the URL. A fake phishing site cannot duplicate this feature. Unfortunately, phishing sites can replicate DV SSL browser indicators to trick people into thinking their site is secure. Not EV.
How Can I Recognize Extended Validation SSL?
The green address bar next to a URL is unmistakable and totally unfakeable. It offers a verified proof of your company's identity. Visitors recognize it instantly and immediately know who they're dealing with. Per Tek-Ed, 97% of consumers feel safe on sites with a green address bar.
Also, EV SSL comes with dynamic site seals that show your verified company name and location when clicked.
Instant Trust Means More Sales
When a visitor arrives at your website and sees the green address bar, two things pop into their head. The first is that you're a legitimate business. This has been verified by Comodo-a globally recognized & trusted third-party. The second is that your company has made a substantial investment in its privacy and data security. And that, in turn, creates good will and a foundation of trust to begin any business transaction.
- Boost Trust - Having the green address bar is like making the best possible first impression
- Boost Sales - When consumers trust you, it's easier for them to consider buying what you're selling. It's science. It's fact.
Who Needs EV SSL?
Anyone could use an EV SSL certificate, but there's industries, in particular, that may benefit the most from the reassurance and trust that an Extended Validation SSL certificate provides.
The e-commerce, medical and financial institutions need to establish a foundation of trust the most. After all, people are extremely careful with their money and their health. Give them even the slightest reason not to trust you and consumers will flee. EV SSL gets your foot in the door. The rest is up to you.
- E-Commerce Companies - Trust is the cornerstone of e-commerce. Think about it, you're asking someone to trust that when they send you money, you will send a product in return. On the INTERNET. Trust is an absolutely paramount here.
- Financial Institutions - One thing people don't play around with is their money. That's why it's critical that any financial institution go out of its way to establish trust in its customers. Especially nowadays when phishing is a rapidly increasing threat.
- Healthcare Organizations - If there's one thing people prize over their money, it's their health. And with a record number of medical breaches lately, it's more important than ever that medical organizations inspire trust.
EV SSL FAQ
Isn't Extended Validation Cost-Prohibitive?
Maybe with some other Certificate Authorities-not with Comodo. You can purchase EV SSL from Comodo for as little as $80.56 per year. Also, keep in mind that Extended Validation is proven to boost conversions and EV becomes an investment-not an expense. Eventually it will pay for itself.
What's the Difference Between OV and EV?
While both offer business authentication, EV provides greater verification of identity and location. That's why Extended Validation has a unique visual indicator. The downside of OV is it shares visual indicators with DV SSL. So even though you did more to verify your identity, consumers won't know unless they know where to look. OV is a geared for the enterprise that has strict issuance guidelines.
Is the Green Address Bar Really Worth It?
Absolutely. Independent research continues to confirm that websites with the green address bar outperform their OV and DV counterparts. When you can provide instant verification of identity, it makes you look legitimate. It also aligns you with some of the world's top brands. After all, they all use EV.
What Other Benefits Does EV Offer?
Aside from a powerful unique visual indicator, EV SSL certificates also come with powerful dynamic site seals that can also provide a spike in conversions. They also come bundled with thousands of dollars worth of premium security products like daily malware scanners. Not to mention the powerful encryption and data security they provide.
Is it Tough to Get EV SSL?
For any company or organization with up-to-date registration information, the Extended Validation process is straightforward and very easy.
- Organization Authentication - Comodo verifies that your business is a legally registered entity operating in good faith.
- Operational Existence - Comodo verifies that your company is actually operational at the moment.
- Physical Address - Comodo verifies that your business has an established physical presence in the country or state it's registered in.
- Telephone Verification - Comodo verifies that your business has a phone number that is publicly listed and working.
- Domain Authentication - Comodo verifies that your business is the rightful owner of the registered domain.
- Verification Call - Finally, Comodo calls the person who obtained the certificate to verify all the details.
Read more about the EV SSL validation process.
Brands That Use Comodo EV
When your visitors see you have EV SSL, not only will they trust you, they'll view your brand differently. After all, you're aligning your brand with the best.
Extended Validation SSL is an Investment
EV SSL is proven to build trust and boost conversions. Your certificate will pay for itself within a matter of months.
When 97% of consumers feel safer on sites with EV SSL, it's kind of hard to dispute its value. But consider this, according to the same study, 90% of consumers have canceled a transaction over security concerns. If you don't have EV SSL, just think about how much money you're potentially leaving on the table.
Can You Afford Not to Invest in EV SSL?
Whether you're a budget-minded small business, a flourishing medium-sized company or a massive enterprise-Comodo has the perfect Extended Validation SSL certificate for you.
SHOP BY SOLUTION